A honeymoon has been a long time tradition for many couples. It is meant to get away and enjoy each other as a new married couple. Many leave within a few days of their wedding day, jetting off on a plane to a dream destination or hitting the road to a local hot spot. Near or far, all that really matters is that you’re enjoying each other!
For a Minnesota couple, your options are unlimited locally. When staying near, there are over 10,000 lakes and even more resorts. You can enjoy both adventure and romance. Minnesota resorts will offer hiking, biking, kayaking, and watersports, yet at the same time, you can find a local spot that offer romance packages.
Remember a honeymoon is that once in a lifetime vacation. If the two of you imagine something further away possibly to a destination you have never been to but only dream to go, now is the perfect time to do so. Many resorts throughout the globe will cater to Honeymooners and sometimes even offer special amenities to help make your stay more memorable.
With wedding planning sometimes comes stress and the with all the busyness of the event, a honeymoon sounds very exciting and relaxing to many. Just the thought of getting away for a few days or maybe even two weeks, may sound like paradise.
No matter where the two of you want to go or what you want to experience, your options are unlimited. Here are three easy steps in getting your planning started.
- Discuss. Sit down together and imagine your honeymoon together! Make a list of what is important, what your want to see or do. Also, talk about your budget.
- Use a Travel Agent. For many of you this is your first vacation and your honeymoon is a once in a lifetime vacation, so why not leave it up to the experts. There are many travel agents the specialize in Destination Weddings and Honeymoon planning.
- Have fun! Remember you are taking this trip to enjoy it together and that this is an exciting time in your life.
This is one of the most important vacations the two of you will take together, so make it memorable.
Near or far, here are a few popular destinations:
Door County, WI
Or, just about any “UP North cabin”
No matter where your honeymoon destination is, all that really matters is the time spent enjoying one another. As Dr. Seuss says. “Do you like them in the car? Do you like them near or far? Try them, try them -- you will see.
Questions to ask yourself about the honeymoon
- Have you decided on a budget?
- Have you decided on a destination?
- Have you found a travel agent?
- Do you need hotel reservations?
- Do you need a passport?
- Do you need airline, boat or train tickets?
- Do you need car rental?
- Do you need transportation to and from the airport?