Selecting flowers is one of the most essential steps in the wedding planning process. Next to the bride, the wedding flowers are one of the most photographed details of your wedding day. It is crucial to have wedding bouquets and centerpieces that fit both the style and theme of your perfect wedding day.
Picking the right florist to design and create your dream bouquets and floral decorations a satisfying accomplishment on your wedding checklist if you follow these steps:
- Ask for referrals. When a florist is highly recommended by another bride or photographer, you know they will do a fantastic job on your wedding.
- Attend bridal expos. You can experience fresh, real-life creations as well as examine the quality of the florist’s design work. This will also allow you to form an impression about a florist regarding how they make you feel when you meet them in a room full of other brides.
- Make an appointment. Book a time to sit with a florist and look at photos of their past creations, which will allow you to see their designs in close detail. Always ask to see pictures of work they have done and not stock photos out of books and off the internet. Are their arrangements unique and creative? This is also a great time to determine their knowledge of flowers and assess their wedding floral experience level.
- Plan, plan, plan. Have some floral ideas in mind when you meet with your florist. Look at their Facebook page, Pinterest and webpages to get ideas. Bring pictures from magazines or the Internet that reflect your vision. Have some colors and flower choices in mind. If you’re unsure of what you want, an outstanding florist should be able to help you create that perfect combination of colors and flowers to make your wedding flowers a dream come true.
- Pick your florist. Book a florist (by securing them with a deposit) that makes you feel at ease and comfortable. Find one who listens to your ideas, but has ideas and suggestions for you, as well. Select someone you really want to work with, not just someone who is available on your wedding day. Remember it is more about your satisfaction than just the price. You cannot always compare price when you may not know what all comes with their quote. Find a florist who is just as excited about your flowers and wedding day as you are!
Picking your bridal bouquet is an important start to a beautiful wedding day. Once the bride’s bouquet flowers are chosen, the rest of the wedding flowers, from the bridal party flowers to the corsages and boutonnieres, will fall into place by incorporating the bouquet flowers throughout all of the wedding flowers.
Once you’ve chosen your flowers, you’ll need to create the perfect ceremony site design plan. If you are having a traditional wedding, the aisle you walk down should represent elegance truly worthy of you as a bride. You need everything from gorgeous pew decorations to amazing altar pieces to make this a stunning vision.
Finally, it’s time to design the reception site: this is your “Wow Factor.” You can make an impressive and beautifully elegant statement by having large floral centerpieces with multiple designs. These designs should utilize different sizes to break up the room’s space, ultimately giving the reception site the true beauty that every bride deserves at her wedding reception.
Questions to ask the florist
- Can you see photographs or live examples of past work?
- When do you need a final count for table centerpieces?
- Can you provide items such as vases or candelabras?
- Do you know who will be creating your flowers? Be sure to get to know the person who will, so you can trust them.
- How many weddings is the florist handling on the day or weekend of your wedding?
- Can you recommend any seasonal flowers that would help keep cost down?
- How much is it to secure my date?
- When is the final balance due?
- Do you deliver? Is there a fee? When would you be delivering the flowers or when would we need to pick them up?