Businesses in the CMWA commit to abiding by the Code of Ethics
(1) I will conduct my business in a professional and ethical manner.
(2) I will provide customers and prospective customers with timely, complete and unambiguous information about all prices, products and services, options and contract provisions.
(3) I will accurately represent my qualifications and expertise in all communications. If I am not qualified to perform the service, I will recommend the services of a qualified CMWA member.
(4) I will communicate professionally with customers, potential customers and business contacts; returning telephone calls and answering emails promptly.
(5) I will respect other wedding professionals and treat them with professional courtesy.
(6) I will respect intellectual property rights of others, including trademarks and copyrighted materials.
(7) I will follow all business licensing requirements for my specific type of business and will keep all licenses and permits current and in good standing.
(8) I will honor all agreements, written and verbal, with customers and other business associates.
(9) I will handle any disagreement with my customers in a professional manner and will work promptly to come to an agreement.
(10) I agree not to discriminate against customers, potential customers and other wedding professionals based on race, creed, color, gender, age, disability or country of origin.